Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cut and dry

Painting is coming along slowly. I never remember it taking so long to do a 125 sq. ft room, seems like hours go by and I'm still cutting in. Probably feels like it's taking forever because it is; I've had to give everything a second coat. The ceilings took almost three days to do. Now I'm priming the walls before the color goes on. It's like painting the house twice. I'm nowhere near finished and we move in two days from now. I still have to prime over 50% of the living area and then put the color on. Then I have to do all the trim in the house, as well as measure, cut and re-install all the shoe moldings. Might not be finished until February at this rate.

I also want to mention that it's kinda lonely and slightly creepy being in an empty house all day. There's no one to talk to, none of my things are around and I'm still getting used to all the creaks and noises the house makes. Since it gets dark early nowadays and being there are not a lot of lights yet the house gets very dark. I'm not terribly fond of going down into the basement after dark to wash my brushes and rollers. The slop sink faces the wall in a far corner away from the stairs, I feel a little vulnerable standing there under the shop light facing the wall. Seriously!

All in all though, it's starting to come together nicely. The color is really going to liven things up and lift the dingyness from the place. I feel like it's a new start for the house as well as us. More to come in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment